Boombah Incorporation was Founded in 2003, and is a premier designer and manufacturer of sporting goods and apparel. They have experienced tremendous growth over the past 15years and are looking for a few more “Workers” to join the Warehouse team!
The corporate headquarters is a 265,000 square foot facility located in Yorkville, Illinois with additional offices in Melbourne, Florida and the Dominican Republic. They have a staff of over 12700 committed professionals, who strive to BE what no one else is and GIVE what no else will to our customers.
The Warehouse employees are responsible for locating, selecting and packing sportswear, apparel and equipment to fulfill customer orders ensuring accuracy of the items picked for shipment as well as the locations for the items placed into inventory
SHIFT HOURS 7:00 A.M. – 3:30 P.M.
PAY RATE $12.00 PER HOUR
The Warehouse Utility Worker is responsible for the hand loading of trailers with outgoing orders for shipment as well as supplying cartons to the picking department so customer orders can be fulfilled. This includes monitoring each shipment to ensure that outgoing packages are packed and sealed correctly to minimize breakage or the loss of merchandise during shipping.
- Ensures boxes hand loaded into trailer are stacked correctly and securely to minimize shifting and breakage during transit.
- Supplies corrugated shipping cartons to picking department so customer orders can be fulfilled which includes keeping inventory of sizes available and replenishing, as needed.
- Operates taping and bagging equipment to secure packages and affixes customer shipping label in designated location for delivery by third party logistics carrier.
- Ensures orders are packed neatly and correctly to minimize product damage from occurring during shipping and enhance the customer experience, upon receipt of their shipment.
- Generates customer shipping label and prints packing lists for corresponding customer orders.
- Monitors outgoing packages to ensure items are packed securely to minimize breakage as well as seals cartons and shipping containers securely to minimize loss during transit.
- At times, uses current ship system to print labels for company shipments.
- Reports any potential hazards and accidents involving equipment to management for damage to be assessed and unit to be placed out of service, if necessary, until repaired.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multi requests.
- Proven ability to work in fast paced environment with tight deadlines while being detail orientated.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- Must be able to work independently and comply with company and departmental policies.
- Strong verbal communication skills needed to interact with fellow coworkers and management.
- Self-Starter who is a strong team player and successful collaborator that takes ownership.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. consistently.
- Must be able to stand and walk for 8 hours a day.
- Must be flexible in schedule to work overtime, if needed.