Ramp Agents handle luggage, load/unload aircraft, service and clean aircraft, operate airport ground service vehicles and equipment, marshal aircraft, assist passengers with luggage, and perform other duties as assigned. Ramp Agents work outdoors in a fast-pace environment and are expected to work as a team to meet corporate goals for on-time departures, baggage performance, and customer satisfaction.
- 18 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- No speeding tickets 19mph or more over speed-limit within the past three (3) years
- Able to obtain an airport SIDA badge clearance
- Able to work all shifts (including nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Able to lift up to 70 pounds
- Ramp Agents work in a secured area of the airport commonly referred to as the “ramp”. Employees working on the ramp are subject to varied weather conditions and elevated noise
- Employees may be assigned to work irregular schedules (including nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Frequent stooping, bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 70 pounds
** All new employees must successfully complete a training program consisting of pre-course online learning, classroom training, and on-the-job training (OJT).
The above statements provide a brief description of the general nature of work performed and is not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities and skills required for this position. Duties and expectations are subject to change as needed.
Benefit package includes paid training, holiday pay, 401(k), vacation time, family travel on American Airlines; medical, dental, and life insurance is available.